October 29, 2012

The Dog Breeder's Creed

The creed of a reputable dog breeder.

I am a dog breeder. 

I spend my life learning pedigrees, dog watching, talking and learning of my breed and of others.

I treat my litter as if I gave birth and I spend an inordinate amount of time to find them a good, forever home.

I only have puppies, if I believe they will be the healthiest, mentally and physically, puppies and if they are the best examples of their kind.

I am a reputable breeder. I will not knowingly breed two dogs that have known genetic health or mental issues.

I support each family, who chooses one of my puppies and I advise them as they are now part of my extended family.

Mom, Marcella Miller,  and  DM Summer Squall
I'm there for my puppies, at all times, through thick & thin, in good times & bad, through sickness & in health.

I aggressively chase around one of my dogs and try to get him back, if he is in the wrong place.

I support my breed in rescue and education.

I hold & hug them when they arrive and leave this world, all of them - bred by me & by others. They are forever in my heart.

I share my knowledge and socialize my dogs so that they will be announcing my dedication.

I do not keep notes of the money and the time I spend in the love of dog as this is not the true measure of how I feel.

The price I charge for my puppies is never profit. It is an investment for the next generation.

Do not be ashamed of: who I am as there is much good work involved to be a lover of dogs and a good breeder.

I encourage others to do the same.

I am a breeder and I am proud of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment