October 19, 2012

DM Greyhounds is home to functional AKC greyhounds for show and lure coursing. Welcome to Dyno-Mutt Systems, a Division of Yummy Mutt Feeds...

DCh DM Flying Jib FCh  aka Jiblet
That was the introduction to our original website.  At that time, Dyno-Mutt Greyhounds was a fictional, bio-engineering firm which made bionic improvements to greyhounds.  One of those improvements were enhanced ear scoops for maximum oxygen intake.  Another was "F.A.A.R.T. - Fast Acceleration And Rapid Transit".   "F.A.A.R.T." was an independent system which could be 'hooked up' to your greyhound to provide natural gas propulsion to vehicles.  In an emergency situation, a "F.A.A.R.T." equipped greyhound could be hooked up to one's natural gas heating system.  It is said that the City of Albuquerque, in its efforts to go "green", are utilizing many "F.A.A.R.T." equipped greyhounds in their power plants.  Unfortunately, most all of our "Press Releases" have been lost over time.  However, we still have a copy of "Ear Aerodynamics - Update!" and "F.A.A.R.T." 


 Now, the name "Dyno-Mutt" has come to exemplify the best in show and performance greyhounds.  We are  AKC Breeders of Merit and we strive to breed greyhounds which successfully compete in all venues: lure coursing, hunting, and the breed ring.   To that end, we have had several dual champions and many field champions.  We have had a major winner at a Greyhound Club of America specialty show and two, nationally ranked greyhounds.  In addition, four of our greyhounds have been or are invitees to the Eukanuba National Championship.

About Us


My husband, Rob, is retired Navy, who served aboard destroyers for his entire career.  One of the places he served was Vietnam, Southeast Asia, during the "Conflict".  He was there in 1969-1970.  Other ports of call were Newport, Charleston, Long Beach, and San Diego.  There were others, but this is a good representation. Rob's last rate in the Navy was that of a Chief, Gunners Mate (GMGC). Some of the ships on which he served were the USS Joseph Hewes, the USS Hewitt, and the USS Stump.  Rob is now working as an engineer in a completely different field of endeavor, medical electronics. To be specific, he installs, maintains, and calibrates nuclear imaging equipment.  He went from Nuke weapons to Nuke med.  

As for me, I am a former steelworker from Baltimore, Maryland.  I met Rob in 1987 at the now defunct E & B Marine Supply store in Glen Burnie, MD.  At that time, I was laid-off from "The Point" and working there.  The day I met him, I sold him some bottom paint and offered to paint his bottom.  He still isn't sure which bottom I was referring to!  

It wasn't long before Rob turned into one of my regular customers.  One day, he told me how he didin't have time to replace the water pump on his boat.  I offered to do the job for him for $100, if he bought the parts.  He bit and told me where to find his boat and arrangments were made.  I found the boat and pulled the old water pump.  When I went to put on the new one, there wasn't a gasket.  Joy.  What water pump kit doesn't include a gasket?  It's a no brainer, right?  Anyway, using a ball peen hammer, I cut a gasket out of the thin cardboard backing of the bubble pack in which the pump came.  I slathered it with Never-Seez, put it all together, tested the engine for leaks, buttoned her up and left.  Rob came in a day or two later to pay me for the work and he kept saying, "You know how to cut a gasket with a ball peen hammer..."  He sounded amazed.  Doesn't everyone know how to cut one?  Rob was hooked.  He has since told me that any woman who knows how to cut a gasket with a ball peen hammer is a woman worth marrying!  Whatever.

Tyche on the Patapsco River near Baltimore
When I met him, I lived aboard a 28' Morgan sailboat, the good boat Tyche.  Working at the store had at least one other, really good benefit - it ensured that my boat (and floating home) was kept in good repair.  Yes, I was a boat bum.  I lived aboard a 28' Morgan sailboat, the good boat Tyche. 

Tyche is the Greek goddess of Fortune, Chance & Fate.  She was associated with good fortune, luck & prosperity.  Tyche was represented with different attributes. When holding a rudder, she was conceived as the divinity guiding and conducting the affairs of the world, and in this respect she was called one of the Moirai (Fates); with a ball she represented the varying unsteadiness of fortune--unsteady and capable of rolling in any direction; with Ploutos or the horn of Amalthea, she was the symbol of the plentiful gifts of fortune.  For a sailing vessel, the name is most appropriate.  The good vessel Tyche took care of her passengers and crew.  She bestowed good fortune on all who sailed aboard her.

Anyway, when I wasn't working at the store, I was out on the Chesapeake Bay - sailing on Tyche!  I'd take her out by myself (sailing solo) or with others, if they wanted.  Many times, I took out weekend and overnight charters and served as a skipper for two sailing clubs, the Chesapeake Sailing Association and Singles On Sailboats.   Now, my wandering ways are gone, as are Rob's, except for wandering off to the occasional dog event.  We are a long ways from the Chesapeake and we now call New Mexico home.  

We have other interests, which include photography, British cars, and shooting sports.  I also am an adoption rep for A Place for Us Greyhound Rescue, a group which has been around since 1997.  I cannot say enough about these creatures called greyhounds. They are intelligent, sweet tempered, well mannered and a joy to be around.

Well, that's all for now. Come again soon and please don't hesitate to contact us at jato791@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment