February 3, 2013

The Lovely Chispa


Chispa - DM Bonnie Blue Flag

Chispa lives in Mexico City with her very proud dad, Carlos.  He's a great owner and I'm so very happy that he has one of my greyhounds.

Chispa  has her own sofa to lie on and she acts like a princess, unless squirrels are involved.  Carlos takes Chispa to the park for exercise and, what usually happens, is a squirrel comes along.  I don't know what it is about those long tailed critters, but greyhounds go wild when they see them.  Carlos lets her chase the squirrels and he tells me that she really wants those bushy tailed critters.  It reminds me of her Grammy Feather, who would go out of her way to try and get a squirrel.

Feather, when she was at Kathy's waiting to be bred, was tormented by a squirrel which would come down to the lowest branch of the maple tree and torment the hounds.  One day, Feather had had enough.  She watched the squirrel, positioned herself under the branch, sat and balanced herself on her haunches and then launched herself straight up!  She looked like a Patriot missile going after a SCUD!  Much to her disgust, she missed.  However, the squirrel, which by now had scurried to a higher branch, never came down after that.
Chispa - DM Bonnie Blue Flag

Here is what Carlos said about her in a recent e-mail, "Chispa's priority is to play and run.  We go running every morning.  I go in rollerblades and she goes very fast.  She is very dominant but also very affectionate and tender.  Her body is very muscular, but very light.  She looks like a ballet dancer.  Chispa is the most expressive dog ever.  With her eyes, she talks.  Her coat is soft and exceptionally shiny."

"Every time you send me pictures of her brothers and sister, I think I'm going to the ring.  I'm sure that she is going to win, because she is very, very pretty and her temper makes her a winner, nothing scares her.  I'm sure she is the kind, who in the ring, is going to grow.  I can tell when people look at her, she plays, "Paris Hilton."  She knows.  She also knows that she is strong, beautiful, fast and, with her eyes, she gets what she wants.  One of these days, you get the surprise of her in the ring."


"Do you think I'm a proud dad?"

I think Carlos is a wonderful and very proud dad!  He's also a pretty good photographer!  All of the photos on this page were taken by and belong to Carlos.

No comments:

Post a Comment